What causes intermittent rectal bleeding while on Implanon?

Question
My daughter was having some cramps when she pooped a lot of red blood came out of her butt. It was the consistency of blood you have during a period, She had Nexpoanon put in her arm about 2 years and 4 months ago. She had her first period since the birth control was inplanted a few weeks ago, but it was a light period only lasting a couple of days. I don't know if that has any thing to do with what is going on. She said the bleeding has happened on and off since this summer. This is the first time I have heard about it. Should I take her to the Emergency room?

How long does it take to get an answer back?
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to piles ( hormonal imbalance).

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks For trusting hcm about her health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
Her per rectal bleeding could be due to bleeding piles or bleeding in piles due to hormonal imbalance caused by implanon.
She should take sitz bath and go to her treating doctor to get herself examined to rule rule out piles and take hemostatic drug to stop bleeding.
Hope Found Useful, Feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.