Suggest treatment for rashes on foreskin of penis

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 16 Jun 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: I have some rashes on the fore skin since 1 year, gets cured by using creams like Clobbate GM , but again reappears within 2 -3 days. Pls advise permanant cure.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to apply it regular for three months

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available information it appears that you have fungal infection of glans penis. This is indicated by two findings. One the response of rash to clobate and second is reappearance after discontinuation.

This happens because fungal infection clear from the surface in few days and we assume it is treated and stop treatment. But infact the infection remains there and reoccurs when the medication is discontinued.

In this situation you need to continue the same cream for continuous three months as permanent cure takes long time. With continuous treatment you will get complete response without leaving chance of recurrence.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.

Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 26 minutes later
is there some oral medicine to get rid of this fungal infections ,aside to this cream i am using.//
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes they are but not preferable

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for reverting back to me.

There are many which act in fungal infection but not referable in local infection. Use of tablets leads to more adverse effects than local cream.

As we know the medicine in cream is acting very well so we do not need any other medications.

I hope this clarifies.
Thanks and regards.