Suggest treatment for rash on penis that is tender after sex

Dermatologist
Question
My problem stared out like jock itch. Now, I have a rash on one side of my penis and the skin is discolored. It is very tender and burns. I used lamasil on it. It seemed to help then it started to burn my skin. So I discontinued using it. It gets very tender after sex.
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please answer and post the photos..

Detailed Answer:

You said, you have itching,burning and tenderness on part of the penis. There is a rash and discoloration.

I would like to ask few questions to come to probable diagnosis. And also upload the photos of the affected part.. So that I can help you in better ways.

- from how many days you have this lesion?
- please describe the lesion..reddish,oozing,patch,small hard bumps,fluid containing lesions,descrete,grouped...
- the parts involved..groin,thighs or only penis. Shaft ,glans,prepuce
- past history of such lesion?
- any disease cutaneous or internal at present or in past?
- any history of drugs intake for this or other disease at present or in past?
- family history of any disease?
- sexual contact other then wife? When?
- any bad habit of alcohol,tobacco or smoking?
- history of occupation or work?

Answer above queries and do not forget to post the photos..ok

Thanks,with good wishes..

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for rash on penis that is tender after sex 4 hours later
About two weeks.
It is reddish, with a white gooey stuff on it that smells bad. It is mostly on the base of my penis and the top of my scrotum. However, the left side of my penis, the shaft and the head, discolored red. The smelly white stuff has increased since I discontinued use of the anti fungal. I have no skin problems other than athlete's foot. I had a new sex partner, a woman, about a month before this problem. I think I had rubbed my penis raw using a sex toy made for men just before this problem occurred. I do drink and I smoke occasionally, cigars. When the problem first occurred I was working long hours in a very hot environment with no air flow and I was wet with sweat for about 11 hours day.

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irritant or allergic contact dermatitis with CBP

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back.

You answered but did not post photos...

Anyways i will try to help you with your answers.

You have itchy lesins on glans penis,shaft and root of penis along with part of the scrotum. There is bed smell and oozing in the lesions. You had sex with woman which was new one. You also played with sex toy rubbing the penis. Your immunity may be poor due to bad habits of drinking and smoking. All this history give clue towards few possibilties..

-Irritant contact dermatitis or allergic contact dermatitis
-Candidal balanoposthitis
-Secondary bacterial infection

I would like to advise you multiple drug therapies...

- short course of antibiotic like cefixime 200 mg twice a day
- short and tappering course of steroids like methyl prednesolne in proper dose
- antifungal like itraconazole for few days
- anti pruritic like levocetirizine till itch is relieved.
- to apply antibiotic powder or cream like neosporin or gentamycine
- to take Sitz bath in dettol containing water in tub for 10 min.
- to keep the area dry
- to improve hygiene
- to have healthy food to improve immunity
- to avoid bad habits
- to avoid extramerital sex

Please consult your dermatologist and take treatment with all above steps suggested. Before that neccessary blood investigations should be done to rule out DM,HIV and other internal diseases.

I hope this would be helpful to you..

Have early recovery.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD