Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

166 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for prostatitis masturbation

Answered by
Dr. Raju A.T

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 3681 Questions

Posted on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello this is about my 19 year old grandson who has asburger astisum and has been diagnosed by a emergency room doctor with (Prostatitis Masterbatation) his symptoms are he has to go it seems alot to the restroom but only could urinate a few drops at a time,so they tested his urine and the Er doctor said it looked like he had a small infection so he was put on Cirprofloxacin 500 mill a grams 2 times a day for 2 weeks. And advised for my grands on to stop his masterbatation for the 2 weeks of taking his medician.After taking hid medician for a few days his often urges to go to the restroom went almost back to normal but my grandson in these few days also masterbated 3 or 4 times as well so now it seems like the urge to go to the restroom so often has returned. Please help me my grandson is so afraid that he might have made his infection worse by doing that the few times he did it thank you
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti-inflammatory medication will help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Yes, there could be a possibility where he could have worsened the infection or re-initiated the inflammation in the prostate by masturbating.

Since he has been on antibiotics recently its not good to take a course again, taking anti-inflammatory medication like Tab Motrin 400 mg twice daily after for three days will help him by reducing the swelling in the prostate.

For this time, I would strongly recommend him no to masturbate for a minimum of 3 weeks for sure.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on Prostatitis

doctor1 MD

Hi I am a 22 year old male, with pain and swelling in my epididymis. I was diagnosed with epididymitis about a year and a half ago and went through multiple trials of antibiotics and anti inflammatory medicine. Some trials came with a little relief but pain and swelling would return after about a month. I also had an ultrasound which showed nothing abnormal. After about 6 months of dealing with epididymitis doctors diagnosed me with chronic prostatitis. After I was diagnosed, I decided to enroll myself in yoga and found myself a knowledgeable physical therapist to help with all my pelvic pain. After about 2 months of working with the PT my pelvic pain was alleviated. It's been about 3 or 4 months since I've been back and my pelvic pain is still minimal, however I still have great pain and swelling in both of my epididymis. I can feel that the coils are very swollen and the actual epididymis is swollen and hard. I have yet to find relief to the swelling and pain of the epidiymis although I've found relief in all my other forms of pelvic pain. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

doctor1 MD

it's been two years i have a problem with urination,

difficulty in urination plus frequency...lately they told me i have's wbc count in the urine after prostate massage is 15...i took three monthes course of treatment and the problem remains the same so pls pls... what can i do??

doctor1 MD

Hi! I'm a 46 years old male, and I've had UTI (E. Coli in the urine) for 6 months. approx. 2 months ago my urine was clear from bacteria (after treatment with different antibiotics), and I've had blood in the urine twice - first it was 6 months ago and now. The blood disappeared in one or two hours after drinking a lot of water. And there was pain, after voiding the bladder twice, the third time it was painful and only a little volume of urine in red color. My question is, could this be because of the inflammation (prostate and bladder), because the last one month I stopped using tamsulosin? Or should I have a cystoscopy for more accurate diagnosis?

doctor1 MD

Is there really someone here live?

I have been on Vyvanse since September and have been going thru some major problems leading and now pointing to Prostatitis...and am now finding a "load" of connections to Vyvanse! Noone has mentioned a word of this yet?

doctor1 MD

hi doctor, i am 44 years old and my ivf is planned next month in XXXXXXX 2018. The Infertility specialist has suggested me to undergo Semen analysis and culture. The results of the HSA is as follows : VOLUME : 1.5 ML Total Count : 65 Million/ML...

doctor1 MD

I’m a male 76 years of age and have had some pain in the pubic area when I urinate - I have had to yhrinate very frequently as well for the past three days -this morning I urinated blood (first time ever) - since my first episode of urinating...

doctor1 MD

Hello, Is black stool something to worry about, even though I recently had a CT (with barium) that noted a normal stomach, small bowel, and small colon? It just happened, whereas my bowel movement this morning was a "normal" color. I noticed a...