Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for prostatitis masturbation

Question
Hello this is about my 19 year old grandson who has asburger astisum and has been diagnosed by a emergency room doctor with (Prostatitis Masterbatation) his symptoms are he has to go it seems alot to the restroom but only could urinate a few drops at a time,so they tested his urine and the Er doctor said it looked like he had a small infection so he was put on Cirprofloxacin 500 mill a grams 2 times a day for 2 weeks. And advised for my grands on to stop his masterbatation for the 2 weeks of taking his medician.After taking hid medician for a few days his often urges to go to the restroom went almost back to normal but my grandson in these few days also masterbated 3 or 4 times as well so now it seems like the urge to go to the restroom so often has returned. Please help me my grandson is so afraid that he might have made his infection worse by doing that the few times he did it thank you
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Anti-inflammatory medication will help

Detailed Answer:

Yes, there could be a possibility where he could have worsened the infection or re-initiated the inflammation in the prostate by masturbating.

Since he has been on antibiotics recently its not good to take a course again, taking anti-inflammatory medication like Tab Motrin 400 mg twice daily after for three days will help him by reducing the swelling in the prostate.

For this time, I would strongly recommend him no to masturbate for a minimum of 3 weeks for sure.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.