Suggest treatment for problems in ovulation while on Oroxine

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: I started taking 50mg of oroxine about 5 weeks ago for hypothyroidism. I have always had regular periods at 30 days, they have always been like clockwork, I can also tell when I ovulate etc each month. This cycle, I didn't have the normal ovulation and pms symptoms at all. I am now due for my period in 3 days and have a very light, brown discharge... I have never had this before, is it relative to the oroxine and should I be concerned? I'm 29 years old and we hoping to try for a baby in the next 6-12 months.
Thanks,
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no need for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.

Occasionally there may not be ovulation during a menstrual cycle and this is normal. Occasionally premenstrual spotting before periods is normal. It is not related to the thyroid hormone that you are taking. You need not worry.

If you have further concerns, I will be happy to answer.

Best wishes,
Dr Rama

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj