Suggest treatment for pressure in chest and palpitations while treating low testosterone levels
I would explain as follows :
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that heart failure is a clinical syndrome and its main complain is shortness of breathing.
It is true that, besides a carefully l physical examination and medical test (chest X ray, cardiac ultrasound,etc.) an impoetant role in HF diagnosis plays also dosing of NT proBNP level.
When it results high, heart failure is much likely to be present.
But even without BNP test, physical exam and especially cardiac ultrasound may be able to detect heart failure.
Your clinical symptomatology is not likely to be related to HF. Probably caused by low testosterone or other alternative reasons.
Nevertheless, I would like to directly review your cardiac ultrasound report, if available (please ulloade it here).
Hope to have been helpful to you!
Feel free to ask me whenever you need!
Opinion as follows:
Hello again, dear XXXXXXX
I carefully reviewed your uploaded cardiac ultrasound report and would explain as follows:
Left ventricle is normal (function and dimensions). Left ventricular filling pressures are within normal ranges, so there is no reason that heart failure symptomatology be caused by left heart failure.
Regarding the moderate mitral regurgitation; to further investigate the exact severity degree and potential implication on elevated pulmonary pressures, it could be recommended a trans-esophageal cardiac ultrasound.
From the other side, there is a mild elevation of systolic pulmonary artery pressure (around 38 mmHg) and mild dilation of right ventricle, which raises suspicions on a pulmonary vascular disorder.
Coming to this point, I would recommend performing some additional tests:
- arterial blood gas test,
- pulmonary angio CT,
- pulmonary function test,
to further investigate a pulmonary disorder, which could be implicated in the actual echo report findings and your current clinical symptomatology.
You need to discuss with your attending physician on the above mentioned issues.
I remain at your disposal for any further explanations, in case of further uncertainties.
Feel free to ask me again whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart palpitations low testosterone
- Palpitations and low testosterone in males
- Low testosterone treatment shot
- Suggest treatment for low testosterone
- Steriod treatment for low testosterone levels
- Suggest treatment for low testosterone level
- Low testosterone treatment
- Clomid low testosterone treatment
- Suggest treatment for low testosterone level and high tsh level
- Hcg for low testosterone treatment
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?