question-icon

Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017
Question: Nothing has worked except norco 750, pinched nerves in neck shoulder arm,

How about talwin/naloxin
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Advice to consult Pain management Clinic

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for the query at HealthcareMagic,

I have read your history and I understand your concern. It is important to receive adequate treatment for pain management.

However Talwin/naloxone is a narcotic and controlled medication. It cannot be prescribed without completely evaluating the need for such strong pain medication . Moreover, your general health also need to be assessed before starting on such medication.

I recommend that you consult a pain management center for further evaluation and treatment.

There are certain tips you can follow to reduce pain
-Rest adequately, avoid activities that worsen pain
-Heat therapy at the affected area can reduce pain and muscle tension
-Over the counter Ibuprofen 400 mg (up to 4 times daily after food) if not allergic, additionally can be used to control the pain.

Hope I was able to answer your question
Please feel free to address any more concerns
Dr.Lekshmi

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal