Suggest treatment for neck pain
Now I am having neck pain when I swallow.
Please follow up with further details
Thank you for trusting HCM
Please follow up with the following details so that I can give you a definite answer
-Have you noticed sore throat along with the neck pain?
-Do you have fever?
-Have you noticed headache along with the neck pain?
-Any lymph node enlargement on the neck?
Follow up answer
Since you do not have any associated symptoms like fever or sore throat, the likely cause can be narrowed down to muscle strain.
Muscle strain can occur due to exertion, sleeping in uncomfortable position etc.
You can apply ice on the area of pain. Once you notice the acute pain starts subsiding (usually in first 3-4 days), you can switch to heat therapy to relax the muscles.
You can also take Advil 600 mg up to 4 times daily for pain and inflammation.
Take adequate rest. Do not overuse neck muscles.
Sleep on comfortable bedding and pillow.
Hope this answers your question
Please let me know if you need further clarification
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck pain and migraines treatment
- Suggest treatment for shoulder and neck pain
- Treatment and cure for Neck pain
- Having back pain and neck pain suggest treatment
- What is the treatment for neck pain
- Neck pain treatment
- Suggest treatment for neck pain
- Suggest treatment for severe neck pain
- Stiff neck pain treatment
- Muscle neck pain treatment