Suggest treatment for persistent yeast infection

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OB and GYN Specialist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hello, I do not have a job or insurance. I started with a yeast infection about a month ago. I treated with OTC and it got a little better. I treated it again about a week later and it almost disappeared. I took one of the monistat tests. It said that if the test came up blue or green, see a MD. Mine did.
I have been using antibiotic cream with little result. I am sore and itchy. Its worse and not better.
I also have some little blisters in my mouth that I dont know are related. When they pop they taste life fish oil. My tounge was coated kind of blue green when i woke up. I dont know if that is a seperate issue. I just moved to california and do not know any providers here. I do have a white discharge that does not have an order. I just took another dx test from the monistat kit and it was yellow and blue. The kit said that means I have abnormal acidity and need antibiotics
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
vaginal candidiasis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
yOU are supposed to be started on oral antifungals and if required you should use a clotrimazole vaginal pessary for atleast 6 days and this should help you treat your vaginal candidiasis which is most likely the diagnosis in your case.