Suggest treatment for persistent sneezing and running nose
Allergy tests. Medication.
Thank you for your query.
1. Reducing the allergic burden on the nose and upper airway helps reduce medication required to control asthma.
2. There are many allergy tests available to help pinpoint thd exact allergens that you are allergic to.
3. In place of cetrizine, try a combination of levocetirizine/ fexofenadine + montelukast.
4. Continue the nasal spray and avoid breaks in its use. Add steam inhalation.
5. Hypertonic saline nasal washes (such as Nadowash, Physiomer) should be started.
6. These medications should be tapered over a few months for optimum long term effect.
7. Nasal endoscopy, CT PNS images are required if long term medication fails.
8. Desensitisation is possible for some allergens. Radiofrequency turbinate ablation may help reduce sensitivity in some cases.
I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Constant running nose and sneezing
- Sneezing running nose after masturbation
- Suggest the medication for running nose and sneezing
- What is the treatment for cold and running nose
- Treatment for frequent sneezing running nose cold and fever
- Sneezing and running nose in infant nasivion
- Treatment and cure for running nose
- Levocet for running nose, sneezing
- Treatment and cure for seasonal running nose
- Suggest treatment for running nose blurred vision chills and headache
- Can an energy drink prior to blood test increase RBC levels ?
- Unstable,unable to walk independently and properly,on Vertinal and...
- Flu symptoms,throat and roof of mouth sore,coughed bright red blood,any...
- Tingling sensation along right side face,3-4 times daily,sensation when...
- Pain,stiffness,swelling in knees,X-ray,arthritis developing,knee...
- Amoebriz dosage for adults and children
- Eustachian tube dysfunction, ear virus, sick on planes, scopolamine,...
- Pea sized nodule in tongue, painful, affecting speech, tooth pain, jaw...
- What causes jawline lumps?
- Double bypass, respiratory failure, nose bleeds, selective embolization