Suggest treatment for persistent itching and bumps in the groin area

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: I have been affected with a absolutely 24/7 itching condition for over a month. There seems to be a small mass under the skin just above the vagina with a 2nd degree burn on the side of R leg with 1st degree burn on L leg. Have tried to treat with horticorsion, bladder emollients, etc. to no avail.

Please help ...
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
A little information from you if you do not mind ma'am, thank you

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. If you don't mind I have a few questions and one request from you before we move forward ma'am:

1. You mentioned a 2nd and 1st degree burn, were you actually burned or does only the appearance look like a burn?

2. If you were indeed burned, was it a friction burn, a chemical burn, or due to exposure to heat or fire?

3. Do you live in a region where it is hot and moist?

4. How would you rate your personal hygiene on a scale of 0 to 5? 0 being poor and 5 being paranoid.

5. Do you sweat in the genital/groin region often?

And my request is if you can attach clear images of the affected region to our discussion or email them to me for my examination to:

YYYY@YYYY

and please do mention 'ATTN: DR. SHOAIB KHAN' in the subject line so the email can be easily directed to me.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Shoaib Khan 26 hours later
I live in Florida where the weather fluctuates considerably this time of year.

I am going to change the soap I have been using to Ivory or something that is a free and clear blend. I wash my clothes with a Free and Clear detergent in Hot Water.

I try to take showers every day but sometimes when I have Bo housecleaning accounts, will skip for that day. Have started using 2 wipes at each bathroom visit instead of using toilet paper. And I think I created the problem with the rash rubs on the inside of my legs due to the intensity of the itchiness.

My weight has made me wonder if clothes need to also be looser than normal. Atleast until I can lose some weight and inches.

There is no color changes on skin to produce a picture for you. And there appears to be a silver dollar size bump under skin above pubic area. I will consider washing underthings in Hot Water since they have been stored in garage on shelving.

I believe I have covered everything for you to help you gain some insight to my deliema(?).
Sincerely
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Here are a few suggestions to help rid you of your presentation ma'am

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again ma'am and thank you for that information.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Do not wear tight fitted or ill fitted clothes, better to be loose and airy

2. Avoid all chemicals over the region: Use a milder soap over there, and avoid using wet wipes which have certain amount of chemicals. Use tissue and wet it with water to wipe or clean the region after using the toilet

3. Make sure you shower every day and maintain good hygiene

4. Try to lose weight as the inner rubbing of thighs could very well be the cause for your presentation

5. Try and change your clothes at least twice daily to avoid leaving the inner thigh, groin, genital region damp or moist for long

6. Use a topical cream called clotrimazole twice daily over the effected region for at least 1month

Please do try and follow these instructions religiously to find relief from you presentation ma'am. Please also feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always her to help.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad