• question-icon

Suggest treatment for pain in the penis

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Yes I'm having a dull pain on the left side of my penis its not terrible where I can't stand it but its noticeable all the time. It started after I woke up one morning couple weeks ago. It increases after I pee or have an erection. Now sometimes I have a hard time getting an erection. I don't know if its because I'm so concerned with it. I went to a Urologist he checked my prostate and gave me some 500 mg of ibuprofen but that didn't help. I'm waiting for an authorization for an ultrasound. Can you please tell me what you think it is? I'm afraid I'm going to loose my libido and I'm worrying like crazy
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Let your penis rest and heal itself.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being with healthcare magic!

Penile pain could be because of inflammation of the penile muscles or radiating pain from different organ. Radiated pain is usually at the tip of the penis and not at the penile base.

I agree with the urologist that you saw that the pain could be because of pulling or inflammation of the muscles around the penis. Your decrease in libido could be because of a reaction of your body to let your penis rest until the pain subsides. I am sure when the pain is gone your libido and erections would be back to where it was before the pain.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Manuel C See IV 14 hours later
When you say radiating pain from different organ which organ can cause that? Also how long does it usually take for the penis yo heal itself?
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kidneys ureter. A few weeks to one month.

Detailed Answer:
Organs that may radiate pain to the penis would be the kidneys and ureters.

Healing would be about a few weeks to one month.

I hope I have answered your question satisfactorily and please consider a 5 Star rating for my answer.

regards

Dr Manuel See IV
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist