Suggest treatment for pain in the lower back and leg
Hernia of the vertebral disc is the most common cause.
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
The symptom you prescribed doesn't seem to be related to thyroid problems.
The most probable cause is the vertebral disc hernia of the lumbar region. To confirm it you need an MRI of this region.
Until you do the MRI try not to elevate heavy loads and use analgesics like ibuprofen if you will have pain.
Hope the information will help and it will be a pleasure to answer further questions.
If the MRI is normal than a clinical evaluation from an orthopedic would be of help.
Muscular or joint problem of that side may cause pain.
You do not have to worried about thyroid. Even if it wasn' t normal it doesn' t cause unilateral periferic problems.
Just explain the symptoms.
Just take the exams you have done (MRI, thyroid hormones and what else) and explain the symptoms you have ( where is the pain, how is it irradiated, from how long do you have the pain ect). Explain him if you have had any trauma.
Than he will judge if there is a joint or myscular problem.
Please close and rate the answer if you do not have further queries.
It is a pleasure!
You are welcome!
Please attach the result. Anyway it is found occasionally because it is not the cause of the pain in the lower back and leg.
Ok, If it is hyperthyroidism you have to start treatment with methimazole for some months and you should take the hormonal kevel under control until you find the proper dose.
Once you have the results do not hesitate to attach.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for lower back and stomach pain
- Suggest treatment for back pain caused by sprained lower back
- Suggest treatment for back pain
- Treatment for lower back pain and leg pain when walking
- Suggest treatment for back pain radiating to right leg
- Suggest treatment for lower back pain
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain of back and legs
- Suggest treatment for numb leg back pain and constipation
- Suggest treatment for abdominal and lower back pain
- Treatment for lower back pain