Suggest treatment for pain between the shoulder and spine

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My pain is between shoulder and spine and lower skull and neck
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be cervical spondylosis, need X-ray or CT

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be cervical spondylosis or nerve entrapment in the spine or vertebral discs and local tenderness can be from some muscle supplied by the said nerve. It may need to be evaluated on X-ray cervical spine or CT scan to be more detailed.

Use of neck collar may be needed to keep neck straight and avoid repeated sprain in the same muscle or nerve sprain. Using analgesics like acetaminophen with orphenidine or tizindine and local application of capciacin gel may help.

Rarely more potent analgesics like ibuprofen or tramadol may be needed. If the pain persists it may need use of gaba pentins or carbamezapine.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your question. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T