What causes vibrating sensation in the neck and hands while bending the head forward?

Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist

Posted on Fri, 11 May 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am experiencing a vibrating sensation whenever I bend by head forward. I experience this sensation down by neck, across my shoulders and down both arms - to my hands? No pain but it is annoying and disconcerting.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

You need an in-person neurological examination. A sensation such as this might be caused by an impingement on one of the the nerves exiting your cervical spine. This can be assessed via examination and follow up with an MRI of the spine. I recommend visiting a doctor in-person to examine you and to consider further imaging such as an MRI.

Dr. Sheppe
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 2 hours later
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Followup

Detailed Answer:
You're welcome!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana