Suggest treatment for pain at incision area after C section

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 11 Mar 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello Doctor,

My wife had c section and its been 2 months now. Yesterday she did some household work for few hours continuously and her incision area started paining. It is not continuous pain, it is like something is pinning from inside slowly.

Please suggest if we have to do anything as we are worried.
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
nothing to worry, avoid strain

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir, thanks for trusting health care magic.
There is nothing to worry as it is very common to have such a sensation as it is because of the dissolving sutures which will normalize in a couple of months as usually it gets dissolved fully by 3-6 months.
Just ask her to avoid strain and stretching in that area and in case it pains then take tablet paracetamol and pain will be relieved.