Suggest treatment for pain and numbness in the left foot

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Having pain/numbness in left foot along with some discomfort in lower left thigh and lower back. Also stool is a little loose...any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be minor nerve root irritation.

Detailed Answer:

The pain and discomfort in left foot with lower back pain is likely to be a minor nerve root compression caused by minor lumbar muscle spasm.

You need to take rest and take mild pain killers like Paracetamol and see if it helps. Do a hot compress and apply local analgesic gel for an earlier relief.

Taking Methylcobalamin supplements will help in relieving the numbness. The loose stools are not likely to be related to this pain. It will improve with dietary modifications.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee