Suggest treatment for oral thrush

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi i have these white patches under my tongue and my throats is sore could this be thrush and what can i do to ease the pain

Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a thrush.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Yes this can be a thrush.
Apply anti-fungal oral applications.
Take ibuprofen or such anti-inflammatory medicines which you know is effective and suits for you.
Please get the blood sugar checked.

You may also consult an ENT if this is long standing, say more than a week or so. It is always better to get this checked by a Doctor as visual impression is very important and under the tongue is not a common area of thrush ( it can occur of course in some cases). IF he feels so , may advise for antibiotics and supportive medicines like multi-vitamins.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T