• question-icon

Suggest treatment for numbness in the hand and leg

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: My wife (house wife) has been facing slight numbness in right hand (started with first & middle finger), sometimes left leg also, especially in the late night. Hence sleep disturbed. Numbness goes if hand is in hanging position. History: ~2 y back, tennis elbow in right hand, experienced while lifting weight in gardening. No BP, no sugar, no thyroid. Not sleeping with head on hand. Doc. conducted NCV also. Prob. still exists. Request for treatment.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you please upload your NCS report?

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

I shall be able to offer a better advice on this if I can see your NCS report.So,please upload the same.

Further, in cases of CTS, in addition to medicines, Wrist splintage and physiotherapy plays a crucial role in treatment. In fact, symptoms may not improve without these measures.

Medicines like pregabalin, Duloxetine and methylcobalamin supplementation are commonly used.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 37 minutes later
Dear Doc.,
Thanks for your quick response. As required, I have uploaded the NCS Report.

Regards.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Clearly, it appears to be CTS in right upper limb.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

I have gone through your NCS report which is suggestive of CTS in right upper limb apart from the right CPN issues. For CTS, its vital for you to understand that only medicines won't help. Rather, wrist splintage with a cock up splint is required for most hours during the day and preferably night as well. Further, intense physical activity with hands like cutting, typing or any other intense hand work for that matter has to be avoided. These precautions will be required for atlas 1 to 2 months along with medicines.You will definitely show improvement and if not, improved surgery may be the last resort in some cases.

Hope that helps.If you have any further questions,I shall be glad to answer them.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 23 minutes later
Dear Doc.,

Thanks for your advice / recommendation.

Regards.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Wish you a good health.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

That was a pleasure having interaction with you.Wishing you a good health.Please follow-up if you have a query in future and for now,please close the thread and write a review.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist