Suggest treatment for neck arthritis
Bulging disc can cause these symptoms.
Thanks for posting your query.
The bulging disc and arthritis in neck vertebrae can cause arm weakness, tingling and numbness due to nerve root compression, dizziness and nausea. All these symptom depend on the severity of the nerve root compression.
1. Use of cervical collar helps in immobilisation and brings relief.
2. Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
3. Methylcobalamin supplements are also recommended for nerve compression symptoms.
4. Cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Neck and upper back stretching exercises, as well as light aerobic activities, also are recommended under the guidance of a physical therapist.
5. Hot fomentation helps in relieving acute symptoms.
6. You can avoid using a pillow/ watching TV or working on computer.
Avoid prolonged sitting / leaning forward/ 2 wheeler driving for long distances.
A course of Muscle relaxants, interferential therapy (IFT) and/or Intermittent Cervical Traction (ICT) for a week followed by exercises will help you.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of neck arthritis
- Geriatric broken neck arthritis
- Chronic headaches neck arthritis
- Neck arthritis and numb arm
- Neck arthritis and lump in throat
- Severe neck arthritis surgery
- Treatment and cure for neck arthritis
- Neck arthritis causes
- Neck arthritis and blurry vision
- Diagnosis of neck arthritis
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?