Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
Allergy or sinus infection
The symptoms you are experiencing are called post nasal secretions and they are most probably due to allergy or sinus infection .
Sinus infection may require an antibiotic in addition to your regular sinus treatment, while allergy may require antihistaminic (eg. CETIRIZINE 10mg once daily at bedtime for the time being) and a decongestant or steroid nasal spray (you may need a prescription for this from your local physician).
Do take steam inhalation thrice daily for the time being additionally, it'll help diluting the secretions.
I hope I answered your question and I'll be happy to answer any further questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment is suggested for intense nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip
- Suggest treatment for nasal blockage
- Suggest treatment for nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for severe nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drip
- Suggest treatment for nasal allergy
- Nasal passage blockage treatment
- Suggest treatment for earache with nasal congestion
- Suggest treatment for cough and nasal congestion
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?