question-icon

Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage

Posted on Wed, 25 Jan 2017
Question: I feel like i have mucus or bugers stuck between my nose and throat and it makes me gag every morning it feels ugly i dont know what to do or what causes it is there anything i can take for it?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Allergy or sinus infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ag9682,

The symptoms you are experiencing are called post nasal secretions and they are most probably due to allergy or sinus infection .

Sinus infection may require an antibiotic in addition to your regular sinus treatment, while allergy may require antihistaminic (eg. CETIRIZINE 10mg once daily at bedtime for the time being) and a decongestant or steroid nasal spray (you may need a prescription for this from your local physician).

Do take steam inhalation thrice daily for the time being additionally, it'll help diluting the secretions.

I hope I answered your question and I'll be happy to answer any further questions

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman