Suggest treatment for mild headache

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have recently been experiencing some very mild slight headaches, my blood pressure is normal been checked by gp, no other symptoms just experiencing it most days, The pain is very mild just enquiring what this could be
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Primary headaches to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Primary headaches such tension type headaches may result in mild symptoms.

Mild headaches may be experienced also in conditions such sinusitis, in such case headaches are worsened by bending over, by cold, etc.

Stress and anxiety disorder also may cause such headaches too.

If your GP didn't saw anything pointing to a specific condition, treatment with OTC painkillers such Paracetamol, Ibuprofen is sufficient.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 12 minutes later
I didn't visit my GP regarding headaches, it was over something else, it is very mild, but I do get it daily, so was just worried in case it was a concern?, should I see my GP about it of just continue with otc medication ?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
See your GP then.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Since you didn't discuss with your GP about headaches, I suggest you to do so, in order to understand better the cause, that, as discussed previously, may be tension type headache, sinusitis related headache or stress related headache.

I don't think this is a serious condition, however it could be bothersome.

GP also may guide you about medication.

Hope this helps.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj