Suggest treatment for migraine headache

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have a massive migraine, severe sensitivity to light, I can't walk straight, my neck is stiff and in pain as well as my spinal cord. My hands aren't working properly, I'm shaky, I've thrown up twice. Percocet isn't working anymore. What can I do to stop this? Should I get it checked out? Can it wait till morning?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment at a medical facility needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Many migraine headaches are treated at home by using drugs such NSAID, Triptans, opioids.

If headaches are not controlled by these measures and last in time, there is need for treatment at local ER.

Treatments at ER include antiemetic drugs, intravenous fluids, intravenous Triptans, NSAID etc.

So, in my opinion, you tried Percocet without results, and you need to be treated further at your local medical facility in order to abort the headache crisis.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina