Suggest treatment for lump on inner thigh

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 15 Dec 2014 in Lump
Question: Hello, I noticed a lump on the upper inner thigh area, in the groin area. It is pea size, moveable, no pain, rubbery and consistent in size. I have watched it for a few months and no changes. It's not on the front of my leg nor back, it's right in the inner part where your buttocks and groin meets. I'm thinking it's just a cyst, but would like to hear your thoughts- thanks!
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be a lipoma

Detailed Answer:
HI.
Thanks XXXX for your query and an elucidate history.

You history says : lump- pea sized, movable without pain, rubbery and has not changed size in a few months- at a place where buttocks and groin meets.

Cyst are usually not XXXXXXX as they are attached to the under-surface of the skin.
Most probably this is a a lipoma as per your description you have provided.

I would advise you to get the following :
FNAC under ultrasonography.

The best way is to get this removed for two reasons.
1 You get rid of the lump, a sure shot way of treatment and
2. You get a histopathology diagnosis of the tissues.

I hope this answer helps you to get an insight about the lump and its proper diagnosis and treatment.
Wishing you a great help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D