Suggest treatment for lower left back pain

Excellent

Question
I have a really bad pain in my lower back on the left side. The pain started 2 days ago and it has worsened since this morning it really sore but it doesn't hurt to touch. When I move around the pain is less but if I sit still or go to sleep and wake up it hurts really bad.
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to a muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query. Your back pain could be due to muscle spasm. Hot compress should provide relief. The vicious cycle of pain and spasm needs to be broken and I would insist you to take paracetamol or acetaminophen 500 mg two tablets together twice or thrice daily for next 3 days. This should ease the problem and make it go away. If it does not spondylosis could be another cause to consider. I would insist you to get a X Ray of Lumbosacral spine (AP and lateral) done and to see a physical therapist with the reports. Based on the findings he would be able to demonstrate to you proper exercises that should provide relief.

Feel free to write back.