Suggest treatment for low platelet count in the blood test report
I am a male 65 years old. untill this year my blood platelet count has ranged from 157 to 193. I have had two blood tests in the last nine months everythisng else is normal but blood platelets on both were 127 and 125. should this be of concern . also vitiman d levels low 15.1 and last test 17.9
No need to worry.
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
Your last two platelet counts are slightly low. But if your other parameters are normal then it is not significant.
Simple viral infection or non specific cause can leads to this. Many normal healthy person have this types of count.
So you should not worry about that. Just be relaxed.
You should go for repeat blood count after a month. Mostly it will come back to normal.
In between if you have any symptoms of bleeding then consult your doctor urgently.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have low platelet count and high triglyceride suggest
- Herpes and low platelets count
- Diabetes and low platelet count
- Is low platelet count curable
- Low platelet count and smoking
- Aplastic anemia low platelet count treatment
- Low platelet count tuberculosis
- Low platelet count and epilepsy
- Low platelet count 80000
- Suggested low platelet count causes and cure for this