Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for lesions of folliculitis over the arms

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
I have a rash that is mainly on my arms but I do have a few spots all over. This rash started about 3 weeks ago.I saw my doctor and was given Clyndemiacin , not sure about spelling, my rash started to clear a little. Then it became much worse. It now has little blisters with a white center. These pop and bleed alot. Then they scab over. They also itch really bad and apparently I scatch while sleeping. When one heals another pops up. Sometimes there are blisters inside ones that break open. What do I do?
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pictures required Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. From the description, it looks like you have developed lesions of folliculitis over you arms. But I would like to have a look at the exact skin lesions before coming to a final diagnosis. Please click some close up pictures of the exact skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. I am sure I will be able to help you more once I have a look at the exact skin lesions. Waiting for the pictures. Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for lesions of folliculitis over the arms 1 hour later
Is there a medicine that would help? Maybe something topical?
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Folliculitis Detailed Answer: Hi again Since you have lesions of folliculitis, you should apply an antibiotic cream like mupirocin over the affected areas twice a day after washing with lukewarm saline water. Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor