Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
Analgesia , Bed-rest and Observation
Hello Madam Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Well it's a relief that there was no bone fracture in the X-Ray after that injury but unfortunately that doesn't rule out the possibility of injury to the muscles tissues and blood vessels as well as nerves.
The first thing i'd like to advice you is to tell your mom not to put any pressure over the injured part also at the same time please tell her to avoid any sort of stretching involving that left side(yes that includes the left hand too).
Secondly even though it's been two days now, still you can let her try applying some Ice-pack compression / a bag of frozen Peas over that area gently about 5-6 times a day for the next 2-3 days and see how does she feel.
As your Orthopaedist has rightly pointed out, bed-rest is the thing she needs even if not 2 weeks but at-least for a week from now and see how she stays.
Since you've not mentioned regarding any medications , i think your mom's not not on any analgesics at the moment. In that case i'd like to suggest Tab PARACETAMOL 650mg Three times a day after food for next 2-3 days for pain relief(since this is OTC so i'd strictly advice you to stick to the dosage and freuency as well as duration mentioned here).
Plus if you notice that even after following these there's no significant improvement in her pain as well as any further worsening in the breathing difficulty then you may need to check into your nearest ER/Orthopaedician for a follow-up and detailed physical examination.
Mostly please restrict movement and physical activities involving the left side and she'll get better. No Need to worry.
Have a good day, wishing your mom a speedy recovery.
Thanks for contacting HCM.
Strict Observation Needed
Hi there, well its my pleasure.
But since you've mentioned the slip disc problem & also the numbness in Left Hand as well as swelling in Left toe, let me tell you that slip disc - depending on its level(the spinal segment) manifests by showing those features. Which, if severe , can lead into fall and further trauma. So if she's been diagnosed with it already, its better to go for another follow-up to your Orthopaedician (which i believe you must be planning already) .
As for Ceragem V3 , well it's a new concept but i don't have any experience regarding that yet .
Hope this will help you further, let me know how your mom stays in due course.
Thanks , regards .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for back and ribs pain
- Suggest treatment for rib pain under the left arm
- Treatment for cracked ribs pain
- Suggest treatment for rib fracture pain
- Suggest treatment for pain due to broken rib cage
- Suggest treatment for pain in rib cage
- Suggest treatment for pain due to broken rib bone
- Suggest treatment for left sided rib pain after an injury
- Suggest treatment for intense rib pain caused by an injury
- Suggest treatment for pain in ribs
- Suggest treatment for flatulence, acidity, lower chest pain and diabetes
- Suggest treatment for left-sided pain in lower ribs
- What do my lab test reports indicate?
- Is mild spinal disc space narrowing a sign of stenosis?
- Suggest treatment for lumps in groin area
- What is pulse oximetry?
- Suggest treatment for varicose veins
- What are the chances of brain damage for a heart attack patient?
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stone
- Does intake of Etizola Beta help in treating anxiety and panic attacks?