Suggest treatment for joints pain, headache, dry cough and indigestion

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Sat, 16 Jul 2016 in General Health
Question: Had fever 101 for four days, headaches, joint pain, dry cough, indigestion, lack of appetite. Fever gone now, feeling better but have lesions on back that are multiplying across middle of my back. Still have cough, indigestion and lack of appetite. Joint pain has been coming on for quite awhile. Very sick while in Mexico in April.
Thank you, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
viral fever

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query
I can understand your concern.

I think according to your history you might be suffering from viral fever like dengue or chickenguniya.
Dont worry you just need to take proper rest
Drink plenty of water preferably boiled water
If joint pain and fever persists you can take Tab PARACETAMOL 500mg trice daily till it subsides.
taking antibiotics doesnt help for viral infection.
loss of appetite and indigestion is just due to your illness. once you recovered from the illness , appetite wil be back to normal

Dr Priyanka S
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka G Raj 14 hours later
Hello Dr. XXXXXXX
Thank you, as we were suspicious of Chichenguniya because he was so sick in Mexico and there was allot of it in the town we were in and mosquitos love me.
I now have all these pimples popping out all over my back. Is that also a symptom also?
thank you, XXXXXXX
Brief Answer:
No ,pimples are not a symptom of chickenguniya

Detailed Answer:
hi
thanks for writing again
Pimples or popped out lesions are not a symptoms of chickenguniya.Rashes are one of the symptom , it presents all over the body
If you have many cases of chickenguniya in your surrounding premises, chances of getting infected with the same virus is very high
Symptoms of your husband illness also mimic chickenguniya, So to confirm it you can meet your local doctor and get done chickenguniya kit test, you Wil be getting result within Half an hour.
Even if it came out to be a positive need not worry, as it it is viral infection, it takes its own time to resolve.
Ask him to take rest
Psun killers like Tab Paracetamol for fever and joint pain
physiotherapy for joint pain if required.
use mosquito nets, repellents to get protected from mosquito so that it prevents transmission to others

Wishing you good health
Dr Priyanka S

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D