question-icon

Suggest Treatment For Intermittent Phantom Smell And Panic Attacks In An Anxiety And Depression Patient

Posted on Wed, 19 Jun 2019
Question: I woke up this morning with a very strange smell in my nose. I comes and goes, but it is very strong and unlike a smell I can describe. I suffer from anxiety, depresison, and panic attacks, however this smell is scaring me so much I am scared to breath
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Bad breath

Detailed Answer:

The most common cause of bad breath is sinusitis or bad oro-dental hygiene.

You should get an X-ray para-nasal sinuses done and send me the pictures.

Use Xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day.

Hope I have answered your query.

Take care and thank you.

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
ENT Specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist