Suggest treatment for intermittent ear pain, cold and sore throat
This could be upper respiratory infection.
Welcome to healthcare magic.
I had gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.
This could be upper respiratory infection. There is something called Eustachian tube which connects our inside ear to back of nose.
The congestion of this tiny tube secondary to upper respiratory infection could cause ear ache.
You need a thorough ENT examination to find out the cause for your on and off ear aches.
I recommend the following fro my patients:
1) A course of antibiotics.
2) Analgesics like tablet paracetamol for pain relief.
3) Decongestant like antihistamine Levocetrizine with phenylephrine
4) Salt water gargling. Add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water.
5) An expectorant cough syrup.
You need prescription for medications.
You will be fine.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any questions, I am happy to help.
Wish you a good health and speedy
Dr Paparaja S MBBS MS
Consultant ENT Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with headache and ear pain
- Left ear pain sore throat
- Sardi cold sore throat treatment
- Cheston cold sore throat
- Cold sore throat duration
- Sore throat causing ear pain
- Cold sinus ear pain sore throat difficulty opening jaw treatment
- Sore throat tongue cold sore and ears hurt
- Ear pain popping sore throat
- Sore throat ear pain during pregnancy suggestions