Suggest treatment for intermittent chronic gastritis

Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I've had bouts of gastritis over the last 4 years and have had one recently. Antacids have resolved the problem each time. I've been experiencing a gnawing feeling in the upper stomach with burping.
What do you recommend?
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Details below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question.

I do understand your pain and discomfort.

"As" per your current history you have gastritis problem so first identify the cause behind it. If it is due to some medications try to avoid it and if it is due to certain foods try to avoid it.secondly talk with your doctor to take a full course of 14 days of antibiotics to kill H pylori infection(clarithromycin+metronidazole) and to add a proton pump inhibitors like pantaprazole. Wash your hand with hand sanitizer before eating any things.

I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to write to me.

Wishing you all the best.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T