Suggest treatment for hypothyroidism and PCOS

Posted on Tue, 14 Apr 2015 in Infertility Problem
Question: Hi doctor, i have been trying for a baby for about a year. 3 months ago i had been diaganosed with hypothyroid (TSH-5.6) & PCOS (which is quite reduced after few lifestyle changes as advised by my doc). I am on thyronorm 25mcg for last 3 months. Last month I was given clomiphene (3-7 days), followed by progynova (8-16 day) & dupaston(17-25 day). My LMP was on 22 feb which lasted for 2 days only (normally i get 4-5 days bleeding). Last night i had got blackish brown spotting (4 days after my period was due). There is no bleeding as such . Only mild cramping and dark brown spotting. I am confused if I had got my period or it is any other kind of bleeding. Blood seems to be quite dark which is surely not the fresh blood shed by uterus I suppose. Please help!! Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Neel Kudchadkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
PCOS. Clomiphene. It's OK. Read this to get better....

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,

I am Dr. Neel Kudchadkar and I will help you with your health problems.
Thank you for your faith in healthcaremagic.com
You are absolutely right in being concerned about your problem.

Tip #1.
You have PCOS. This is one of the main reasons that probably has lead to the spotting that you have observed. The core issues behind PCOS are extremes of bleeding, an all or none situation.

Tip#2.
You have taken Clomiphene. Regardless of the period of time it was imbibed, the fact happens to be that this drug can and will cause the exact symptoms that you are describing.Medicines can remain in the body long after you have stopped taking them.

Tip#3.
Please go to your OBGYN doctor and he or she will assess the situation and adjust the medicines that you are taking. A DRUG SHOULD AND CAN BE TAKEN ONLY WHEN IT'S BENEFITS ARE GREATER THE RISKS AND SIDE EFFECTS THAT IT CAUSES.

Conclusion:

You are safe. There is NO sign of any serious problems like cervical cancer, and the like.

You simply need an adjustment in medicines, which is best done face to face with your local doctor.

Please follow these suggestions and get better.

I wish you all the best in conceiving and having kids, and a loving family.

If you wish any further clarification on any problem that is affecting your health,
please feel free to contact me 24x7.

Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
http://bit.ly/askdrneel
Medical Consultant.
healthcaremagic.com

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Neel Kudchadkar