Suggest treatment for high blood creatinine levels when diagnosed with psoriasis

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Dear Sir,

I have psoriasis. My doctor has prescribed sorvate cream and teczine tablets. Some time I feel icthy all over my body with high inflammation. Teczine provides relive for 1 to 2 days. If I stop taking it, symptoms return. I have finished 6 monthly teczine courses. I also have hypothyroidism. My blood creatinine was a bit high on last blood test. My vitamin D levels was 12 in last blood test and I am taking medication for this. Please guide should I continue with teczine if not, what is the best alternative. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can continue Teczine for a long time

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern but psoriasis is a chronic disease that needs to be kept under control.
Teczine contains levocetrizine which is effective in the treatment of itching and is safe to take for long times.
If you are observing improvement with it you can continue it longer.
If your plaques are very inflammatory I would recommend you to use a steroid salicylic acid combination like clop S ointment on the affected areas once daily for 2-3 weeks.
Stetoidal preparations are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana