Suggest treatment for high BP and heavy breathing

Question
I am 46 years and have constant high Bp 150/100 which reduces to 135/100 while taking Stamlo 5. But having side effects. Have headache which is relieved when I put towel soaked in water. Have numbness in left sole. Terrible pain in left sole which makes difficult in driving. On some occasions there heaviness in breathing.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Recommend further evaluation of heart

Detailed Answer:

In view of the symptoms expressed I suggest further evaluation in a 46 yr old who is on drugs for high blood pressure. The blood pressure is definitely not under control with one medication. The dose of Stamlo seems insufficient to start with. It can be changed after consultation of the doctor. The headache could be because of the uncontrolled blood pressure. Tension headache needs to be evaluated.

The left sole pain may not be related to blood pressure a thorough evaluation by Orthopedic surgeon/Neurologist is needed.