Suggest treatment for herpes

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Thu, 3 Dec 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: How can I treat a belly flap rash? Inflamed & painful, burning.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Herpes zoster

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Belly flap rash can be intertrigo or herpes zoster.
Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina

Recent questions on  Herpes zoster

Hi there, a burning sensation on left breast this has followed on from incessant itching for a while, clothes are painful on the area.. there is no...

I have had what I think is shingles reoccuring several times in the last two years. I had blood test come back positive for herpes and inconclusive...

I have a rash and scaly skin patches on my testicles.. the burning has spread to my anus, and I notice skin irritation similar to acne on my face,...

I have a skin rash (actually a series of about 100 flesh-colored lesions) on my upper inner thigh --- I observed the symptoms about three days ago...

Abdominal pain around sides of pelvis and sometimes lower back/buttocks pain. The pain is often dull, mild, and achy. It can feel like mild...

I am 67 years old in good health and 4 days ago after mowing the yard I noticed like a shin rash or bug bit. Then it looked like some bug was bit...

I am curious what this is. I think it s a pimple (or a few of them), but it s in an odd spot on the side of my rib cage (near where my bra would be...