Suggest treatment for headache

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in Headache and Migraines
Question: i have pressure in my head that ive been feeling through the day for the past week and it lasts a few seconds, almost turns into a lightheaded feeling. my blood pressure is fine. no other issues and haven't hit my head. I've stopped eating meat for the past 3 months. I have dental implants. I'm 27. do tension headaches hurt? this doesn't feel like a headache pain. just pressure, like a tightning
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tension type headaches and anemia to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

The answer to your question is yes, tension type headaches hurt and may cause tightness feeling in the head.

Since you changed your diet, anemia also may cause such symptoms, so, before to say that tension type headache is the culprit, blood tests are necessary to confirm or exclude this possibility.

Discuss with your primary care Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vishesh Rohatgi
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 21 hours later
I definitely don't feel pain when it comes to the head pressure, just an unpleasant feeling. I've also noticed today that I was spotting light pink blood and it's been about 3 days since my period ended. do any of these symptoms point to anything more serious with my brain. I'm fearing the worst which is stressing me out.
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Seems not a serious condition.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Conditions such hormonal changes, stress and anxiety, etc. may cause pressure feeling and spotting outside the period,so, I don't think you need to be worried much more than necessary about any serious condition.

If these issues persist, get evaluated medically by your primary care Doctor.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T