Suggest treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia infection

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
hello sir
I got the amoxicillin and cexfaone 11/09/2017 being treated for gonorrhea and chlamydia one eye little red and still burn a little in anal and penis. when medication start to work. wife have sore throat, but I test neg in urine test. I just had doctor treat me for that
wife and I had oral and vaginal sex only symptom sore throat for 5 days, no discharge
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest to use the treatment according the guidelines.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history , you should know that the best treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia according the guidelines are ceftriaxone 250 mg IM in a single dose plus Azithromycin 1g orally in a single dose.

So, if the symptoms persist even that the negative result of a urine test I suggest to use this scheme of treatment after taking with your doctor.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.