Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia infection

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 639 Questions
hello sir
I got the amoxicillin and cexfaone 11/09/2017 being treated for gonorrhea and chlamydia one eye little red and still burn a little in anal and penis. when medication start to work. wife have sore throat, but I test neg in urine test. I just had doctor treat me for that
wife and I had oral and vaginal sex only symptom sore throat for 5 days, no discharge
Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I suggest to use the treatment according the guidelines.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history , you should know that the best treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia according the guidelines are ceftriaxone 250 mg IM in a single dose plus Azithromycin 1g orally in a single dose.

So, if the symptoms persist even that the negative result of a urine test I suggest to use this scheme of treatment after taking with your doctor.

I hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor