• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fungal skin infection

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: white male 56, healthy, in shape, tanning, think i have fungal skin infection, spots on arms, chest, appear as white dots vs. the XXXXXXX skin around them, almost polka dot. i think sons (16,178,18) have used dandruff shampoo to get rid of it, but i hav not tried that yet, well shared soap, shower while we had house guest and one of my boys has similar issue, they r latino and adopted, no medical history. but was told that dandruff shampoo would get rid of it?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you upload an image for review?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for contacting us at healthcare magic.

I have reviewed your information fully. To appropriately weigh in, I will need to review an image of these lesions/spots. This way, I can provide a personalized and helpful response. It is very difficult to comment about what the rash is, the cause and what product will address it without seeing it actually.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Chobufo Ditah