Suggest treatment for fungal infection on the foreskin
As you can see, this has been a really long, frustrating, and traumatic process for me. It ruined my relationship with my girlfriend, and I'm now depressed and have lost any confidence to talk to girls. I can't even masturbate. I am losing hope and feel like I've permanently ruined my sex life. I'm skeptical if the tearing of my frenulum in his office was just a coincidence due my skin being so irritated or if that's what the underlying issue has been this whole time... Also, all these doctors are always in a rush to get to their next patients and I feel like they never really fully hear me out. Everybody is saying something different and nobody seems to be able to pinpoint what it is.
I'm getting extremely depressed and discouraged, and am dreading the thought of potentially needing to get circumcised, although a frenectomy doesn't sound half as bad if that's all I need.. Do you think a circumcision or frenectomy would even help my situation? It seems like if it is psoriasis, it affects both circumcised and uncircumcised men. Will I ever be able to get my sex life back?
Also, I'm doing all the obvious things (i.e. good hygiene, mild soap, keeping it dry, etc.)
Thank you for your help
I also have pictures if that would help.
To get circumcised will resolve the issue permanently.
Thanks for your query,based on the facts and sequence of events that you have posted it appears that you have Fungal Infection of Foreskin (Genital Candidiasis)
I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Are you diabetic?
2)Do you have any urinary symptoms like burning urination,urgency,frequency etc?
3)Do you have any urethral discharge?
4) Is there itching of the foreskin?
5) Is it possible to Upload photographs of penis
Based on the facts I would think your problem to be due to Fungal infection of the Foreskin (Genital Candidiasis) with super added bacterial infection .
Please get following basic tests done to help to establish diagnosis.
1) Swab test and culture of a discharge from urethra or Foreskin .
2) PCR test to rule out Herpes 2 infection.
In the mean while start taking following medicines
1) Antibiotic like Doxicycline twice daily orally
2) Anti Fungal Medicine Fluconazole Twice daily orally.
3)Topical Antifungal jelly Lotrimin.
As regards tear of frenulum I would suggests you take above mentioned drugs for 2 weeks and get circumcised .This will resolve the issue permanently.
Continue to take care of personal hygiene.
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
To answer your questions -
1) I am not diabetic
2) No symptoms when urinating
3) No urethral discharge
4) There is mild itching of the foreskin only when it is irritated (after sex/masturbation). However, when that happens, it's mostly hyper-sensitive rather than itching. Otherwise I don't feel anything from day to day.
5) I do have photographs. How can I upload pictures here?
Also, I've already had a swab test of the foreskin for Chlamydia and the test came out negative. And I also had a blood test for all STD's including Herpes 2 and it came out negative. Is a PCR still necessary?
I'll ask my doctor about those medicines you prescribed and hopefully he can prescribe them to me.
As for the frenelum, would a frenectomy suffice instead of doing a full circumcision?
I should also mention, that the penis is fine if I don't touch it. It's only after sex/masturbation that it gets symptomatic, and then clears up within 1-7 days depending on how severe the contact was. Wouldn't a fungal infection have constant symptoms until it is healed?
Doing only Frenulectomy will not resolve the issue.
Thanks for feedback.
There is link on the home page of Health Care Magic to upload reports and photograph.You may ask for help from HCG .
As regards the the PCR test since you have done almost all necessary tests you may not repeat it again.
You have basically problem of Foreskin hence doing only Frenulectomy will not resolve your problem.
Try the treatment I have suggested in my reply earlier.
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Otc fungal infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for paiful fungal infection on foot
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on foot
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection in the groin region
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on feet
- Treatment of fungal infection of the axilla
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on skin
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection on tongue
- Suggest treatment for fungal infection between the groin folds