• question-icon

What causes white spots on the penis head and burning urination?

Posted on Tue, 11 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I think I have a UTI. For the last few days, I have had soreness and redness around my foreskin and penis head, but nowhere else on my genitals. Sometimes, but not always, I feel pain and burning when urinating; this has become worse over the last couple of days. I have also tended to need to urinate more often than normal, sometimes twice in quick succession.
A couple of weeks ago, a couple of prominent white spots appeared on my penis head, lasted for a few days, then gradually disappeared. The pain when urinating has developed since then.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to rule out Diabetes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query.

Based on the facts that you have posted you seem to have developed fungal infection of Muco Cutaneous Genital Candidiasis.

This is the first presenting symptom of type 2 Diabetes.

Get your blood tests for sugar levels on empty stomach and two hours after lunch done to confirm the r Rule out Diabetes.

Take antibiotic like Doxycycline and anti-fungal medications like Fluconazole twice daily along with topical antifungal creams like Candid cream for local application over glans penis and foreskin.

Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Ensure to avoid sexual encounters till it heals up completely.

If proved to be Diabetic you will need to consult qualified Diabetologist or General Physician for management.

Hope I have answered your query, please feel free to ask if you have more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 14 hours later
Can I buy the antibiotic you mentioned, or is it prescription only?
Yesterday, when I posted the question, the general soreness had become very intense. Today, it is vastly less intense and almost gone, and the burning when urinating has gone.
Re diabetes - I last had a blood sugar test about three years ago; there was no problem then. I'll try and get another ASAP.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Repeat your sugar levles to rule out diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
Considering your age of 55 years Normal sugar levels 3 years ago has no relevance in today's context .Please repeat your sugar levels .

The antibiotics (Doxicycline ) is a scheduled drug and can be available only on prescription of a qualified Physician .

Please visit your family Dr to get the prescription .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil..
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist