Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for fever, shivering and pain in the back, hand and legs

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
very gm dr.. i hv kid .. Neme is XXXX.. 6 year old.. Yesterday nght he feel fever & Shivering.. Today morning now he feel same thing & also feel the Pain in Back .. Hand & Lags... Body Pain... pls suggest
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Check temperature, use paracetamol... Detailed Answer: Hi, It seems he is suffering from an infection. It is too early to predict the nature and severity of infection. At this instance, I would suggest to record his body temperature frequently; atleast once every 2 hours. Temperature that is persistently above 100 deg F is concerning and needs visit to a doctor. In the meantime, you can give him paracetamol either in the form of tablets or syrup. The dose depends on his weight, so please add his current body weight in the follow up. You can also try sponging his body areas (forehead, neck, underarms, body and limbs) with XXXXXXX warm water. Encourage him to eat (fruits and vegetables can be palatable) and drink lots of fluids. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fever, shivering and pain in the back, hand and legs 1 hour later
Thanx Doctor
Answered by Dr. Prasad 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome... Detailed Answer: You are welcome... Wish your son recovers soon. Please close this discussion if you have nothing more to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor