Suggest treatment for body pain and headache

Question
Hello Doctor,

I'm having headache, body pain especially in ankle, thigh.
Also have mild throat pain.

Please do help me to recover.

xxxxxx
Thu, 10 May 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fluids, rest, symptomatic medication

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Sorry that you are feeling unwell.

Headache , muscle/joint pain and sore throat are usually related to a viral illness, this is the most common cause.

In most cases, symptoms resolve after 7 to 10 days. At present there are no meds to treat the virus itself but there is medication to treat the specific symptoms as they occur.

Treatment includes--(1)rest, fluids even if you lose the urge to eat, need to maintain fluid intake
(2)paracetamol/tylenol can help with the aches and pains (joint and throat pain)
(3)a topical agent may help with the throat pain if it becomes severe eg chloroseptic spray or gargle, covonia throat spray or diflam

If a cough develops or runny nose then there are also over the counter options to help with these symptoms.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions