Suggest treatment for fever, leg pain and shivering in a diabetic

Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar

Posted on Wed, 16 Nov 2016 in General Health
Question: My Father having age of 70 yrs is having fever from yesterday morning. The Range of fever is around 101-102 deg. He is having ache in body, in knees and legs. He is feeling a bit shivery. Kindly suggest. He is diabetic and morning reading was 263 (yesterday morning was 130).
Answered by Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
good health

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query.

You can continue Tab paracetamol thrice daily along with Tab pan 40mg twice daily.
Give him plenty fluids and bland diet.
Is he having any cough, breathing difficulty,loose stools, burning micturition?
Any rashes on body?
Continue regular medications as usual.

Dr VSK

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar