• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fever and sinus infection

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Infections
Question: Hi Dr XXXXXXX My family went to england for a wedding last week and we all caught some kind of crud. Its been a week with fever/chills, pain in the eyes, and lots of flem.

I was just trying to ride it out, but I just found out that three others on the trip were diagnosed with sinus infection and felt so much better after getting a prescription. Im thinking that may be the case for me and my two kids as well.
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more details to help you better

Detailed Answer:
Hello! I have been through your question.

Related your concern I think that this could be an acute sinus infection (viral or bacterial sinusitis).
Please could you explain me better in order to define better the diagnosis how many degrees is the temperature and do you have stuffed-up" nose, runny nose and loss of smell as well?

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist