• question-icon

Suggest treatment for enlarged prostate

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Can impotense from enlarged prostate radiation be cured or helped with supplements?
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Medications

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but unfourtanetly impotence following radiation occurs in 50% of the patients and does not seem to improve over time..
However some medications can help producing an erection such as
1) The oral medications for erectile dysfunction, sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra), relax the muscles in the penis, allowing blood to rapidly flow in. On average, the drugs take about an hour to begin working; the erection effects of sildenafil and vardenafil last for about 8 hours and tadalafil about 36 hours . but you should know that these drugs are contraindicated in patients with angina or other heart problems..
2) MUSE is a medicated pellet about half the size of a grain of rice that is inserted into the Urethra through the opening at the tip of the penis using a disposable plastic applicator.it stimulates blood flow into the penis; an erection typically occurs within 10 minutes after insertion of the pellet, and can last for 30 to 60 minutes.

3) Cabernet uses the same drug that is in the MUSE pellets, but delivers it via an injection directly into the penis. It takes about 10 minutes to work and lasts for about 30 minutes.
I hope I answered your question , if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion ..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Salah Saad Shoman