• question-icon

Suggest treatment for elevated SGOT and SGPT levels

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My sgpt is 51 and sgot is 40. so please I take ursodeoxycholic acid 300 tab?

Before Two month ago my cholesterol is increase.that is total cholesterol is 214 and then I take Rozavel 10 A. One month .in the same time 2 month ago suffering from typhoid and jandice.but range is normal.that means starting point of above disease.I take medicine from md doctor .at the present time, I am ok. But as per uploded report please give me proper guidance .

XXXX XXXXXXX
mob.0000
email- YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. It is good to know that you have done your homework about how ursodeoxycholic acid works. However, unless you have obstructive hepatic disease you would not benefit from this medicine (bile salt). I do not suppose that you have obstructive jaundice and therefore would not insist you to take this medicine.

You need to continue to take Rozavel. However, these statins are known to affect the liver function and therefore periodic monitoring of the liver enzymes would be needed. It is only if the liver enzymes like SGOT and SGPT show steady rise that suitable changes in the medication would need to be made.

Let me know if I could help further.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 12 minutes later
Sir, ok. I stop ursodeonzycholic acid 300.but I take one tab before your replied .and also taken Gruber multivitamin tablet. This Gruber tab continuew or not?and again Rozavel continue for one month ? Please Give me answer urgent

XXXX XXXXXXX
mob.0000

I send pdf report
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Rozavel needs to continue. Multivitamins will not help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks again for writing back. I would not insist you to take multivitamins. Vitamins are stuff that are needed by the body in minuscule amounts and are usually not stored. If you can manage to get a standard average diet you can get all the vitamins you need. If you take multivitamins they will simply get flushed out from the body through urine unless you have symptoms of a specific vitamin deficiency.

You need to continue Rozavel not only for a month but need to keep it ongoing.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 27 minutes later
Thanks Sir. I take Rozavel with aspirine combined Capsule .But you suggest only plain Rozavel. Pls.Clear this confusion,

As per blood test report vitamin D deficiency detect my blood, so I take vitamin d capsule one a week for one month, and all multivitamin tab stop from today.

I like Ayurvedic medice, my thinking is to take one month "Jivansatya 1" natural suppliment sharangdhar companies,

I have taken BP tab Losar 50 one time,

Thanks Again
sincerely

XXXX XXXXXXX
Mob.0000
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D supplementation needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Rozavel is a brand of plain rosuvastatin. You can purchase it.

The provided attachment is that of a journal paper and so I am unable to access your report. In case of vitamin D deficiency you need supplementation. Depura Liquid 60,000 Units can be taken once weekly for 6 weeks. This can be backed with Coraline D3 (calcium with vitamin D3) to be taken once daily.

I am unaware of any Ayurvedic vitamin D preparation and so cannot comment.

Continue to take Losar 50 as directed.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha