Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for elevated PSA levels?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1290 Questions
My PSA was 2.0 on 06/07/2013 My PSA was 5.0 on 12/30/2013 I am a 50 year old Caucasian Male non smoker, 6'3", 225 lbs, very healthy, light asthma my mother died from breast cancer at age 65, all four of my grandparents had cancer
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I am concerned.... Detailed Answer: Hi, Sir you psa is strongly elevated and I am concerned about it. I would order for CT/MRI scan along with ultrasound guided biopsies to confirm and exclude prostate cancer. The elevated PSA level along with family history makes it important that you see an urologist at the earliest. Further management will depend upon the histopathology rrport and the extent of the spread. Hope I have answered all your queries. If you have further queries i will be glad to answer them. Regards Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor