Suggest treatment for ear infection
Please see the answer below...
Thanks for posting the query. I will try my best to help you out with this problem.
The symptoms described by you could be related to either middle ear infection (Acute otitis media) or temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ dysfunction). Both of these conditions start with similar symptoms; a complete examination of the ear and the nose helps in finding out the actual cause.
If it is otitis media, then you may require oral antibiotics, pain killers (such as ibuprofen or diclofenac), a nasal decongestant, saline nasal spray and steam inhalation. TMJ dysfunction has to be treated with joint immobilization for a week, local analgesic application and oral pain relievers (such as ibuprofen or diclofenac).
At present, you may start with OTC pain relievers such as ibuprofen or diclofenac and consult your doctor at the earliest for a complete evaluation and management.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for the follow-up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Best treatment for ear infection
- Suggest treatment for ear infection
- Adult ear infection treatment
- Suggest treatment for allergic rhinitis associated with ear infection
- Ear infection ayurveda treatment
- Parrot ear infection treatment
- Treatment and cure for ear infection
- Fungal ear infection treatment
- Ear infection treatment azithral
- Treatment corynebacterium ear infection