• question-icon

Suggest treatment for ear infection and sore throat

Posted on Tue, 1 Aug 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had a lower than usual temperature for about a week. It has been 97.6 or so. This morning it is only 97. I feel like I do with a temperature with achy eyes and no energy, feeling of malaise. This feeling started after I had an ear infection the week before. It affected my right ear and the glands on the right side. A doctor put me on ciprodex ear drops, fucidin ointment, another ointment betatmine? and the antibiotic cephalex. I took these for 10 days and felt better. I maybe started to back to normal activities too soon, since not soon after I finished the meds I started to feel the way I do now with this feeling ill. I still have some swollen glads and a bit of sore throat further down to where the thyroid is. I do have some nodules on the thyroid, which may or not be related my symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sore throat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare Magic and thanks for putting up the query
Your symptoms are probably due to throat infection. The malaise can be due to viral infection or thyroid disease.
The thyroid nodules should be investigated.
You should get a thyroid function test done and ultrasound thyroid done.
Please send me the pictures of your throat so that I can suggest you better.
Also tell me have you ever taken any thyroid medicines?
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist